Wednesday, November 9, 2011

LINQ To LDAP: Closing in on 2.0

It's been a while since I've posted. I moved across town, took a vacation, and have just been generally busy. But I'm back and with a few updates about 2.0.

Since the last time I posted, I've made a few API changes and added quite a bit more mapping support. One thing I want to talk about is some tweaks to paging. I've covered ToPage and PageAll in a previous post. PageAll, however, is being deprecated in version 2.0. In it's place you can do this:
//will page all results when enumerated based on the server max page size from LdapConfiguration
context.Query<User>();

//will create a page request for 10 results and stop there
context.Query<User>()
    .Take(10);

//will page all the results in groups of 50
context.Query<User>()
    .InPagesOf(50);

//will create a page request for 2 entries at a time up to a maximum of 10 results
context.Query<User>()
    .Take(10)
    .InPagesOf(2);

In cases when the take size is smaller than the page size, take size will be used.

This is part of the trunk, but is not in the 2.0 beta 2 release. I've updated most of the documentation so you can see a lot of the new stuff over at the codeplex page. I'll also be adding this project to Nuget soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment