Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What's Next?

For anyone who has downloaded the trunk for LINQ to LDAP, you may have noticed a project called DirectoryViewer. This is a WPF project I'm building for my own skill and knowledge improvement. Right now it points to my local LDS server, but I've been playing around with pointing it to Penn State's public server. I'll have a series of blog posts on that development.

I'll also be working on LINQ to LDAP 2.0 to support Add, Update, Delete, and Move operations. I don't have a time frame for a release but keep an eye on the trunk if you want to try anything out. I have zero experience with making updates to directories (read only for me) so suggestions on the API would be much appreciated.

Right now I plan to support Add and Update for mapped objects as well as just key-values. Delete will support passing in a mapped object or simply a DN. Move will take an old DN and a new DN. That's about it for now. I'll try to post examples as I develop for maximum visibility and feedback. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment